Thursday, January 28, 2010

five pieces, and what they reveal: the first piece

I begin to notice that repetition and slight alteration are the elements of behavior that allow for playfulmaking.

Do that again!
laughter... I have just finished swinging a small child back and forth.

L-O-I
I-O-L


I imagine setting up a matrix made up of elements that I have collected or discovered. I arrange them in some kind of order by some repetitive sorting and there they are. Just so, inviting exploration. I strip back the behavior, it could be walking steps, it could be hammering nails, it could be sorting papers. It could be drawing lines or writing words. It could be ordering thoughts. Again the behaviors could be devoid of playfulness. I want to choose the playful way.


Repetition Exercise#1: Mapping
Repetition Exercise#2: Doodling
Repetition Exercise#3: Walking
Repetition Exercise#4: Worrying
Repetition Exercise#5: More Walking
Repetition Exercise#6: Familiarizing

I started this level so many times that I have stories about writing about repetition. I want someone else to playfully set up a matrix that contains these stories and ideas. Et Voila

No comments: