Monday, January 11, 2010

seconds: note eight



How odd, I clearly was close to something and it evaded me. Even though I had a sense of it, it didn’t stay. But like a lost thread of a dream, elusion stands. I don’t know when it will return. I am aware of waiting. Well, I wait, then. I wake the next morning and here it is; it is a sigh. A breath that reorients me to what is in front of me, around me, what offers to engage me. I am here. Sighs are sometimes interpreted as impolite, so we are socialized to stifle them. But I think it realigns our inner and outer worlds, or can do that, given a chance. It is a type of mini-meditation. So yesterday was about sighing and being present.

Yawns aren’t about being tired but are probably a realignment of muscle groups. Sometimes we only let ourselves realign at the end of the day. And why are yawns contagious? Can we hear them? Perhaps it isn’t visual.



Sigh

No comments: